Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mr. Eight

This week has been long and exhausting. Two nights were spent meeting with 26 parents. Well, not quite. A few did not make appointments. Another night was spent trying to get caught up so I didn't feel like I was completely drowning. Does a teacher ever feel like they are caught up? Does anyone?

One of my darling students. We'll call him Mr. Eight. And yes I'm sure there will be plenty of darling stories to tell with that kid. He came up to me with both hands raised.

"I have a question and something bad to tell you."

I told him to ask the question first.

As he touched my stomach (he's a pretty touchy kid), "I think you might be having a baby because your belly is getting round."

Oh dear! Oh my! LOL! I told him that I wasn't having a baby, but I did eat a lot of chocolate.

Guess I better get my round belly to the gym and/or yoga and stop eating chocolate. Anyone have any good substitutes?

Oh and the bad thing? He couldn't find his folder because I had it. All was good in the world.




No comments: