We spent about a week moving all of my junk over to my new room. I was trying to organize it while making sure everything was off the floor so the custodians could clean the carpets. Thanks to my mom, we did pretty good.
The plan was for me to drive up to SLC, leave my car at my friend's house, and leave for Spain. Then I would drive up to Idaho when I got back. My dad was planning on coming in a few days and my mom was planning on renting a car until he came. We went to rent the car and my mother discovered that her license had expired. So change of plan. She kept my pickup and dropped it off in SLC on the way up to Idaho. I caught a ride and my pickup was waiting for me. It was a bit stressful. But it all worked out in the end.
Spain was beautiful. I got lots of pictures. I need to find the time to figure out how to edit them. I loved the Alhambra and the Great Mosque of Cordoba the most. Did you know that Spain was ruled by the Moorish Muslims for 800 years. I had no idea that Spain had so much Arabian influence.
One day we went to Morocco. And I have two stamps in my passport to prove it. They usually never stamp bus tourists' passports so I'm pretty excited about it. It was such a fast trip that I wish I had been able to take the time to absorb it all. I rode a dromedary camel. I have pictures and I look like a complete dork. LOL! We spent most of the day in the market place. People were selling all kinds of things. Food, clothes. The streets were narrow. Only people on foot were there. No cars or motor cycles. Not even bicycles. We had two men beside our tour guide there who were there to protect us just in case. One thing that I find fascinating in the difference between Americans and Arabians is the "front door." Here in America, our front yard is made to please the eye. We have flower gardens, bushes, trees, maybe a patio with a bench swing. The door is painted nicely with perhaps a wreath hanging from it. The Arabians don't seem to care for those things. But. When you enter in through the door, you seem to enter into a whole other world. A house that at first seems so tiny and poor and soon becomes huge and filled with decor. I guess you could say don't judge a house by its door.
We also saw a statue dedicated to Lucifer. I wasn't thrilled to go see this, but in the end I'm glad. There was so much symbolism. Here he was, a beautiful angel. Strong and perfect. His wings told that he had unlimited potential and could fly with the freedom of an eagle. His hand covered his eyes from the brightness of the sunlight. His mouth open in agony. And serpents held him down preventing him from flying or progressing. He was truly damned.
The last days were spent in Lisbon, Portugal. A country that struggles financially. But very proud of their country. Lisbon is similar to San Francisco. The city is built on hills and trolleys dot the city. The most famous one is #12 followed by #28.
Oh there were so many other things that I saw. The windmills of Don Quixote. Olive trees. Did you know that Spain is the number 1 producer of olive oil? We all lost our chance to buy some at a gas station. Who would of thought that the best place to buy olive oil was at a gas station? Oh well.
Oh and a little tip. McDonald's has free wifi. More to come. On the rest of my summer.
The last days were spent in Lisbon, Portugal. A country that struggles financially. But very proud of their country. Lisbon is similar to San Francisco. The city is built on hills and trolleys dot the city. The most famous one is #12 followed by #28.
Oh there were so many other things that I saw. The windmills of Don Quixote. Olive trees. Did you know that Spain is the number 1 producer of olive oil? We all lost our chance to buy some at a gas station. Who would of thought that the best place to buy olive oil was at a gas station? Oh well.
Oh and a little tip. McDonald's has free wifi. More to come. On the rest of my summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment