Several months ago I decided to change my blog address. I wanted it to reflect the purpose of life.
All my life I grew up dreaming, planning, hoping for a life so different then what I've had.
A few years ago I hit rock bottom as I realized those dreams may never happen in this life time. I felt that my life was pretty much over and I was destined to a life of loneliness and lost hope.
I knew that if I were to endure without these hopes and dreams, I would need to rethink about what my purpose in life was. I would need to come up with new hopes and dreams. Ones that would endure through the trials of life.
I'm still in the process. But I am learning that the purpose of this life is to learn to become more like our Savior. It's learning to be obedient to our Father in Heaven. It's learning to pray more fervently. And it's learning to listen and follow the direction of that still small voice. It's realizing that there is a divine nature in all of us. And that we all are children of a Divine God.
I still have my moments where I wish my life had turned out a bit different. And oh how I miss that girl I imagine I would be. But perhaps I will find her again in my search of new dreams and new hopes.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment