Sunday, August 21, 2011

Skittles and Patriot Bucks

The last month has not been easy. I've been stressed. I've had three weeks of training. And I've had to move and set up a new classroom at all kinds of hours. All before school starts. STRESS! I hate trainings. When they are a waste of time. And these were a waste of time. It still is stressing me out.

But I got my room set up for the most part. There are still a ton of things to get done. But it is working for the time being.

School started. And now my mind is focused on school. Routines. Procedures. How do I get those kids to put their scissors away without talking. We've been doing lots of practice. I have lots of boys this year. Boys tend to be all over the place, make all kinds of noise, and are totally daydreaming while you are teaching. You can totally tell they're day dreaming because of the noises they make and the actions they are performing with their pencil. And then there are the kids that are picking their nose. Really deep. And then that same finger goes into their mouth. GROSS! I want to die.

Plus we have some new technology that I am testing out. Another steep learning curve of trying to figure out what I did the day before to make something work but is not working on the current day. Hmmmm.

But I have a great class and they are still cute. And I love it when they get it. And sometimes they really are actually listening even when you don't think they are. For now I will bribe them with skittles and Patriot Bucks.

No comments: