This week has been . . .well let's just say it's had its ups and downs.
Monday was one of those lazy days. I was in the middle of reading a book - actually a series of books. I am never one to read a chapter here or a chapter there. Nope, I have to read the whole entire book. It drives me crazy if I don't finish it in at least 3 days. I put off everything-showering, getting ready, cleaning my house, etc. just to read the dang book. So I've made it a rule that I can only read during the summertime or some other vacation where responsibilities can be put on hold.
I've had quite a few of those lazy days so far this summer and the guilt was beginning to trinkle in. So Tuesday morning when I woke up, I thought I am going to go exercise and get the oil in my car changed.
Jiffy Lube! I'm not a big fan. But I had a coupon. And I really needed to get my oil changed. It was long overdue. So I stopped by on my way to the gym. I swear that everytime I go there, they show me this air filter that they claim came from my pickup and tell me it needs to be changed. I personally think they are hiding an old, dirty one and pull it out just so they can get more money out of me. RRRR!!! Well anyways all necessary engine liquids were either changed, checked or both, I got another new air filter because I am a dumb girl when it comes to cars, and a few other things. The bill . . .was outrageous! For an oil change. Even with the coupon. I was irritated.
So I drove on to the gym. It was a fantastic workout. I got all my frusterations out over the dumb mechanics and was ready to do something productive for the rest of the day. LOL. My pickup didn't agree.
It wouldn't start. Thank goodness for cell phones and for the men in my life. I called my dad. He was carless and wasn't able to come and help me. So he started talking to me in some male lanuguage that sounded like it came from a whole other planet. I told him I would call him back. I called my friend who knows a lot about cars. (Please note that I can't remember the exact conversation, but this is the basic gist)
Him: Hey, what's up!
Me: Nothing, what are you up to today?
Him: Writing a paper.
Me: Do you need a break from your paper?
Him: What do you need.
Me: My pickup won't start. Can you come help?
Him: Sure.
Soon my friend came to my rescue. So we spent the day figuring out what was wrong. He was great and by the end of the day, my pickup was up and running.
On Wednesday, I spent my life savings on new tires. But my dad claims I'll never have to buy new tires again.
The rest of the week wasn't quite as crazy. Glad for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment