Thursday, June 4, 2009

Spontaneous Explorations

I am a morning person.

I can never sleep in. Even when I don't have to work. Even if I go to bed really, really late. Except for rare occasions when I do have to go to work or when get up for some other reason.

I love the fresh early morning air. I love the sounds of the birds chirping in the morning. I love the peaceful stillness of the morning.

I am a morning person.

This morning was no exception. I woke up feeling antsy and anxious. With a million things going through my head all at once. So I decided to go for a hike.

I went alone. Just me, myself, and I. I like going by myself. I can think out loud. Reflect where I am at in life. And go at my own pace. There is no one to wait for, no one to try and catch up to. Of course no one to walk by my side either. But that's okay. I need this time.

The sandy trail indicates that I am not its only occupant. It winds through bushes, up and down small hills. It takes detours. It splits and comes together again. It disappears over solid rock. It reappears miraculously.

As I wander I take the time to be in awe at the things that God has created and where he has placed each piece. The rocks, a tree, a natural bridge. All have their place and their purpose in life.

No comments: