Sunday, May 24, 2009

What would it be like?

So here I am . . .hanging out on a three-story house boat at Lake Powell with a helicopter on top for the weekend with a bunch of wild, crazy twenty-something co-eds. We'll leave the twenty-somethings out though for this story because well let's just say that I'm glad I'm not them.

I left Friday to meet Charity's friend Jeremy at the airport. Keely came along and we flew in a helicopter to Lake Powell. Have you ever wondered what that would be like . . .to have your own helicopter. I would have to admit it's pretty amazing getting a direct ride from the airport straight to the houseboat.

We flew over Rainbow Bridge, went on a jet ski, jumped out of the helicopter into the lake and got to see the Hole in the Rock area. (My favorite. I'll have to find the pioneer story that is told by this place.)

It's been a fantastic getaway. One to start off the summer.

I have a friend who says "Every guy wants to marry a beautiful girl and every girl wants to marry a rich guy." I think after this weekend I'm beginning to agree that the perks of marrying a rich guy wouldn't be so bad. ;-P

No comments: