I'm not sure why I'm blogging tonight. My thoughts are jumbled and twisted. I would much rather be watching some show on netflix right now. No thought process required. But there are moments that I want to remember. So I write and hope that through the twisted and jumbled thoughts, the right words will come through.
Tonight I went to dinner at 25 Main. I love that place. They have the best food. I met up with some girls from the singles ward I sometimes attend. I don't know these girls very well. But being in their presence lifts my spirit. It was good. You can tell they have a love for the Lord. They are doing everything they can do to be happy and live life to the fullest. They are not giving up.
As I was walking back toward my pickup, I noticed a couple walking down the sidewalk holding hands. They were obviously on a date. Perhaps it was their first date or maybe they had gotten a babysitter for the kids. He held a thermos. Of course, you know it had to have hot chocolate in it. They most likely had come from ancestor square where the Christmas lights twinkled through the darkness. The girl was smiling from head to toe. He must have been quite the guy.
I drove past the temple. Oh how I miss that place. I love the peaceful feeling. It was wonderful to see those twinkling lights and precious building that holds so much peace and hope.
I continued to drive home, processing my thoughts and events of the day. My thoughts still feel jumbled and twisted. But I also feel more hope, that one day, these thoughts of mine will unwind and settle down and perhaps one day I can be the girl with the guy who has the thermos of hot chocolate walking around looking at the Christmas lights and holding hands. Yep I would definitely be smiling from head to toe.
ps. I love this post about being single during the holidays.
pss. A friend posted this video on facebook. What a great reminder when we feel like giving up.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment