Monday, April 26, 2010
Miss Saigon
So I recently had the opportunity to go see Miss Saigon. While I didn't care too much for the songs, the story was brilliant. For those that have never heard or seen it, it is about a young Vietnam woman who has lost her family during the Vietnam war and is forced into prostitution. She falls for an American soldier and he falls for her. It is touching and heartbreaking. It has made me grateful to live during a time and in a place where I do not have to be forced to be married to some creepy maniac in order to survive or be coerced into a life where I am forced to do things that are not right. Yes, single life can be difficult at times. Life can be difficult sometimes. But I am blessed. Beyond my deepest desires. And someday the unanswered prayers that I seek will be well worth the wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment