Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bountiful of Plenty

So for the first time I decided to order a Bountiful Basket. Not only did I order a Bountiful Basket, but I also ordered the extra fruit packet (what can I say, I love fruit) and the extra "Italian" veggie packet. BOY OH BOY! We have had so much fruit and vegetables, it's a good thing my roommates have helped me eat some of it.

So one of the things that came in the "Italian" package was an egg plant.

Courtesy of http://www.cksinfo.com


Now you're probably wondering what in the world do you do with an eggplant. Because I certainly did. There was also some zucchini, onion, garlic, mushrooms (Yuck!), basil, and italian parsley. So I did what every modern girl did. I googled. And googled. And googled. But nothing sounded good. People kept telling me about something called Eggplant Parmesan. But that didn't sound too good either.

So last week my friend Keely invited me to her house for dinner. It was a pretty good dinner. And she kept bringing up the Pioneer Woman. Now I had heard of the Pioneer Woman from my friend Jessica but had never really looked at her blog. So when I got home that night, I decided to check her out. And search to see if she had any eggplant recipes. Yep, she had a few. And this one looked pretty good. Plus I had most of the ingredients.

Well this afternoon I finally had a chance to test her recipe with a few added ingredients.

Here is the result!

No comments: