Today is one of those days. Where people celebrate. Love. Can I just be honest? I really hate this holiday. A reminder of life long dreams that seem completely out of reach. A reminder that I have failed. And missed the train. The ship. The path.
Despite my horrid attitude towards this day, there have been some good things that help remind me that not all things are terrible.
- The year that my roommate’s boyfriend gave me three red roses. Don’t worry! He gave my roommate 2 dozen red roses. However that small act of kindness of three simple roses made a huge difference in my life.
- My friend, Misdemeanor's definition of Valentine’s: To celebrate love. Period. It doesn’t have to necessarily be the romantic love that the rest of the world is celebrating. I like that. It makes the day a bit more bearable.
- Getting Valentine’s from my students. They are so excited. So hopeful about life.
- My student’s oldest sister and her friends coming and serenading her. It was delightful. The spirit touched my heart.
- The sweet touching response of one of my students, when he found out that the students in his math class each gave him a Valentine. “Ohhhhhh. That’s so sweet!” he replied.
- C. Jane’s response to love and our purpose to life. You can read it here. I really needed this reminder.
Until next Valentine’s Day. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment