Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Life!

So the other day I decided to go for a walk up a canyon called Hell's Canyon. I decided to take my journal with me to update it. I realized that I haven't written in it for about a year. Oh great! It was going to take forever to get caught up. So I just decided write down in short sentences all the things I've done. When I got done, I was like WOW! I've had a great year. So here it is:

I've grown. I've taken steps forward, backwards, and sideways. I've learned. I've loved. I've lost. I've fallen in love and I've had my heart broken. I've gone on adventures with the most amazing people and now I'm trying to figure out how to continue on this adventure alone. I've been held. I've been kissed. I've held hands -with both old and young. I've grown close. I've learned how to let my walls down and trust that Heavenly Father will protect my heart. I've canyoneered, looked over the grand canyon, rock climbed, belayed, refused to go down a 300 foot cliff and hiked Angel's Landing.. I've bought a scooter, been in a scooter posse, been invited to ride with a group of random unknown motorcyclists, and even ridden on the back of a motorcycle going 112 mph. I've hiked nearly topless and nearly got caught. I'm learning to trust, have faith in God, and to overcome my fears. I've danced. I've been spun. I've been dipped. I've been completely prepared for school . . twice. I've been lost, scared, and feeling doubtful. I've found my way, but still continue to look for my path. Am I on the right one? I've laughed. I've cried. I've been amazed and in awe. I've had a really messy house and a spectacularly clean house. I've found new friends, old friends and lost friends. I still search for them. I've seen Santa Clause in a pink suit. I've felt loved. I've felt abandoned. I've felt satisfaction. I've felt frustrated. I've felt joy. I've felt sadness. I've felt anxiety. I've felt peace. I've learned to reach out for the atonement. And I've eaten lots of ice cream through it all. I'm learning to overcome self doubt. I've lived.

2 comments:

Dancin' in the Rain said...

You are an amazing woman Shari, I am so gratful that I have been able to experiance so much with you. May this summer be better than last!

Melinda said...

I love this post.

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I miss you. I'm so glad that we were friends way back when and that we are in touch now.

You are truly a great person.