Friday, January 30, 2009

The Pink Sleeping Bag

Hey Tolma!

So you know how you told me that you think I should get a warmer sleeping bag because my pink one is only a 25⁰. Well the 30 days was up and I decided I had better go trade it in. The sad news . . .they don't make my pink sleepingbag any warmer or colder. . .Whatever! Dilema! I like my pink sleeping bag. It's cute! And it matches my pink sleeping pad. On the other hand, I hate being cold. And I get cold pretty easily. I know I know . . .you're thinking "oh this girl is just crazy-she is more worried about her sleeping bag being pink than being warm." I agree with you! I am crazy! But there are just times that a girl needs a pink sleeping bag. So I decided to keep it. And the guy at the store did suggest that I can always buy one of those cheaper regular sleepingbags that is like 0⁰ or colder because if we do ever decide to go snowcamping, we'd probably just go as far as a car would take us. At least that's what you said when we were going to go camping back in December. That is if you are still up for it one of these days. Also the guy said that there are ways to keep warm like the whole water bottle thing and such. And if we do go snowcamping and I die because it's too cold and I was too stubborn to trade it in for an uglier non-pink warmer sleeping bag, at least I would die happy and content in my pink sleeping bag! Don't ya just love my logic? I know this is totally making sense to ya!

Okay well enough about that. Oh another thing before I forget. So I have this bookshelf at school that got broken. (The art teacher sat on it.) If you get a chance I was wondering if we could "jimmy-rig" it. Maybe cut off the top part or something like that so it's shorter. I'm not sure. Let me know.


Shari


Tolma's Response:

Tolma 26: 10-12, 35-36, 38-39

10 And it came to pass that when Shari had said these words, her friend Tolma rebuked her, saying: Shari, I fear that thy pink sleeping bag doth carry thee away unto boasting.

11 But Shari said unto him: I do not boast in my sleeping, nor in my bag; but behold, my pink sleeping bag is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my pink bag.

12 Yea, I know that it is nothing; as to my sleeping it is weak sauce; therefore I will not boast of my sleeping, but I will boast of my pink sleeping bag, for in my pink bag I can dream all things; yea, behold, many mighty sleeps I will sleep in this pink bag, for which I will praise my pink bag forever.

• • •

35 Now have I not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never was a girl that had so great reason to rejoice as I, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my pink sleeping bag; for it has all power of sleep, and of slumber, and of all dreams; it encompasseth all limbs, and it is a pink sleeping bag, even unto pinkness, to me who will sleep and dream in it.

36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my sleeping and my bag, my pinkness and my girlieness, and my warmth from everlasting winter chill. Yea, blessed is the pinkness of my bag, it will keep me warmish. For I am a girl, and a very cold girl, who is a girly girl, and I plan on getting lost in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the pinkness of my bag, which will sorta warm me, a wanderer in a strange land.

• • •

38 Now after Shari had said these things Tolma said unto her, I see that this is a bag, yea, I see that this is a pink bag. For I behold that it is pink. Yea and I also behold that thou art a girl, and thou art a girly girl and that this bag will keep thee warmish in the everlasting winter chill. Therefore let us go down; even let us go down into the wilderness that we may prove this bag therewith that we may see that it is a good bag. Yea let us on the morrow day which is Saturday set forth into the everlasting winter chill. Then after we have proved it and we have found that it is a good bag; then will I glory with thee in thy bag.

39 Thou hast also mentioned thy shelf and the sitting thereof and I laughed. Thou didst ask if I couldst help you fix it. I say unto you, yea, I canst help you fix it, for I have wherewith that I may fix many things, therefore we will fix it and by and by it shall be fixed.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thou girly girl, with thy pink bag, I agree with you: that thy response received from is exceedingly cute, yea, even unto boasting.

Heather said...

oops - that was supposed to say "..that thy response received from Tolma is exceedingly cute..."