Monday, October 20, 2008

The list. . .

100 things about me . . .

1.I love ice cream and would probably eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2.I am better at getting to know one person at a time than a huge group of people.
3.I love traveling and seeing new places, but I hate flying on airplanes. I always get sick.
4.I always ask for ginger ale on the plane to help my queasy stomach.
5.I’m not a big fan of my freckles although I’ve come to accept that they are not going away.
6.I love taking baths with Epson salt and apple cider vinegar. You should try it.
7.I also love my Dr. Bronner’s peppermint soap.
8.I hate doing laundry and dishes because they are never-ending.
9.I have a Vespa scooter . . . with a kickstand!
10.I love Idaho potatoes. .baked or mashed with lots of the good stuff covering them.
11.I love teaching because I’m always learning new things.
12.I have lots to learn about teaching.
13.My favorite restaurants are Mexican Restaurants. I haven’t been to a good one lately.
14.Someday I would like to run a marathon just to say that I did and check it off my list.
15.I lose my keys about 50 times a year. Some years are better than others.
16.I drive a 2002 dodge Dakota. I got it because it has 4-wheel drive.
17.I sometimes wish I had gotten a sports car instead. I don’t know what kind.
18.I’m horrible at remembering people’s names. I feel good if I can remember the names of my 26 students.
19.I love sleeping but never can sleep in past 7.
20.I love simple things and not things that are frilly and fancy.
21.I’m not a fan of most candle smells or those glad plug-ins. If I do have a candle its usually vanilla, apple, or cinnamon. Oh there was a candle from Shopko that smelled like fresh clean laundry.
22.I wish I was better at keeping my house clean and organized. I guess I should have listened to my mom more.
23.I love being with my family and good friends.
24.I’ve decided that a washer and dryer are a necessity in life.
25.Someday I want a house with a backyard where I can go out naked if I want to.
26.I’m still not sure where I want to spend the rest of my life.
27.I struggle with birthdays and holidays.
28.I wish I was more Christ-like.
29.I’m not a very patient person. I’m trying to be.
30.I love chocolate.
31.I’m not a big chocolate ice cream fan.
32.I need to learn to let go of things more easily.
33.I have a really cool brass bed that I inherited from my grandma. It would not pass the “bowling ball and wine glass test” You feel like the whole bed is moving when you turn over.
34.I love getting up early in the morning and getting things done.
35.I love lists! They help me organize my thoughts and help me plan my day. The problem is I have too many lists.
36.I never would have thought that I’d be where I am today. But I’ve learned a lot and wouldn’t change a thing . . .well maybe a few things.
37.I love flowers!
38.I want to be able to plant a garden with lots of fruits and vegetables . . . oh and flowers.
39.I think 2nd grade is the best grade to teach. They are starting to become independent but aren’t quite sassy yet.
40.I’m addicted to facebook. I’ve been able to connect to friends that I haven’t seen in 20 years.
41.I love to read. My favorite vacation is a beach, sun block, and a good book that I can get myself lost in.
42.I love children’s books. If I’m at a bookstore I can spend hours in the children’s section. I’m learning new ways to get free books. I wish I could figure out how to get free books from Barnes and Noble and Borders.
43.I’m horrible at exercising. I know I need to do it. I’ve even experienced the benefits of exercising, but I still have a hard time motivating myself.
44.I have fantastic parents who taught me the gospel.
45.My older brother is cool. He has often given me advice to help me when I wasn’t able to talk to my parents.
46.My mother says I was an organized child when I was young. What happened?
47.I believe that if you hold children to a higher standard, they will reach towards it. They may not always get there, but they will get higher than if you put them to a lower standard.
48.I believe that learning to be happy is a daily process. Some days are easier than others.
49.I love things that are simple and high quality.
50.I love soft t-shirts. If I find one and it fits, I tend to buy it.
51.I hate Wal-mart. But I usually go because I get my best teaching ideas for that day at 4:00 in the morning and Wal-mart is the only store that is open that early.
52.I love color. I hate being forced to wear specific colors.
53.I’ve learned a lot about life in the past 33 years, but I still have much to learn.
54.I wish I was one of those crafty, decorative persons. . .as long as its simple.
55.I’ve always drawn the same type of house since I was 7. And I’ve had students tell me “wow, that looks amazing.” Thanks for boosting my ego.
56.I despised my “Art for the Elementary Teacher” professor in college because she would just stare at my drawing and walk away while with others she commented on them and said “Oh I love how you did . . .”
57.I’m glad that I have the opportunities to improve my character. I just wish I was better at it.
58.I have 3 beautiful nieces and 3 handsome nephews that I wish I had closer relationships with. 59.I love hiking. I’m a slow hiker. But I love being outside and seeing the beauty of things.
60.I don’t think I’m very adventurous.
61.I would like to be more adventurous.
62.I have lots of fears that I’m trying to over come. Namely heights, being alone, failure, etc.
63.I want to be a stay-at-home mom with a husband that I’m totally head over heels in love with and he with me.
64.I love movies where there is good chemistry between the characters.
65.I’m a big fan of listening to books on cd. Especially when I’m driving long distances.
66.I want to be completely out of debt asap.
67.I love the smell of fresh clean laundry.
68.I’m good –use to be good-at memorizing things with numbers such as birthdays and phone numbers. I find myself loosing that ability the older I get.
69.I think it’s crazy that I’m 33. I don’t feel 33. I don’t look 33. . .except for my hair that has to be colored every so often.
70.I hate finding a new hair dresser. I’ve had one too many bad hair cuts and I don’t have a lot of confidence in most hair dressers.
71.I love having the heat on my feet and air conditioning on my face at them same time.
72.I remember having to have those pink sponge rollers in my hair every Saturday night. Yuck! I even remember having to go to school with them in because of some singing recital I was in. Oh. . .the humiliation. I’m not a big fan.
73.I think that teaching Temple Prep is one of the most challenging callings I’ve ever had.
74.I think that making 8-page books out of one piece of paper is an inventive technique.
75.I have too much stuff. Time to declutter. But wait what if I need it. . .?
76.I hate the cold.
77.I despise driving on icy, snowy conditions even though I have a 4-wheel drive pickup.
78.I tend to pick up quirky little habits from my friends.
79.I have a tiara that I wear at school. It tells the students that they can’t come up to me and ask me anything because I’m usually working with another student or students. I often forget that I’m wearing it until another teacher comments on it.
80.I never use to like purses, but I find my self collecting them and shoes and even jewelry.
81.I love listening about other people’s lives. It either makes you grateful for the one you have or it makes you want to improve your own and develop qualities that person has.
82.I hate store brand foods for most things. I know it’s cheaper but it just doesn’t taste the same.
83.I love Adam’s peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
84.I feel sorry for people who never give their heart to those around them. Yea, you usually get hurt many times, but I think it is well worth it.
85.I love it when I go shopping and I have money and the clothes actually fit me when I try them on.
86.I received my bicycle as a gift through a Jewish dinner that was held at BYU-I education week.
87.I always have marker on my fingers at the end of a school day. It looks so lovely. :-P
88.I love giving a hard time to people that I love.
89.I have ran out of gas 2 times or was it 3 times?
90.The last time I ran out of gas, some stranger gave me a ride into town. As we passed by 3 gas stations, I was panicking. But luckily we just went to his house to get a gas canister.
91.I know Heavenly Father answers my prayers.
92.I’ve learned to live with my hair. It has a mind of its own and represents my rebellious nature.
93.I love dancing. I totally stink at it and have two left feet, but I still love it.
94.I love to watch how people interact with each other and how they deal with life’s ups and downs.
95.I am continually in awe at the blessings that have been given to me by a loving Heavenly Father.
96.I love living the gospel. It’s my source of strength that gets me through the rough storms of life.
97.I try to eat healthy.
98.I have a scar above my eyebrow where I got hit by a softball. I had to go get stitches and I looked like I had one eyebrow that was bigger than the other. It was embarrassing. It also happened right before my birthday so I couldn’t go swimming.
99.I love floating in a tube down a canal, river, or even a lake.
100.I love going to musicals. Big River is my favorite.

No comments: